Thursday, August 28, 2008
1st OB appointment
Since our area decided to close the maternity ward at the hospital where I had my other two kids, my ob decided to not do ob anymore. So....I asked the RE for a recommendation at the hospital where I want to deliver. He gave me a name and said he is phenominal! They weren't kidding. I told him last night that he came highly recommended and when he asked who, I told him my 2 RE's names and he said he was honored. He is so upbeat, walks around singing and took time to answer all of my questions (this at 9:00 at night!!!!). I did ask about a VBAC. He said he is not against it, however, in Philadelphia, the biggest lawsuits where filed by VBAC patients and therefore the hospitals really don't go for it, unless you've already had a successful VBAC. Plus, since I've had 2 c-sections already, they really don't recommend it. He said he doesn't agree with it, but has to follow hospital policy. I am okay with it. I just had to ask. I asked when I could get a flu shot, he said any time they come out. (Not only am I pg and diabetic but I also teach kindergarten so I am getting it!) He also said that he would schedule a c-section around 38 weeks which is the week of March 9. That worked for me. He did the internal (fun) and said I was a perfect size. He also did the pap because I was due for one. He said there might be some bleeding and/or spotting so not to worry. (obviously I told him of my mc history). All in all, I was overly satisfied with meeting him and his bedside manner. Great recommendation, Dr. Castlebaum!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I seriously got tears in my eyes reading your post. I'm so happy for you. A great doctor makes all the difference....glad you found a good one! ~Susan
Post a Comment