
Well, I went to the perinatologist today for my monthly scan. The pics are to the left here (duh) . The one profile looks like Lindsay's profile around the same gestation, so I am guessing this one will look more like Lindsay than Tim (although, they do look like brother and sister). I still think its a boy. I did not see any clear indication of gender, and I didn't want them to tell me. (The kids were with me anyway, so if I cave and ask, I don't want them there.)
The peri gave me a hard time about not getting
the amnio done. I don't want it done, though. When I went to my OB today after the peri appointment, I told him I felt like I was being a bit pressured on getting it done. He said my decision was the same he'd make. He also told me of a friend who is a patient who had it done, nearly died a year ago, the baby did die, and now she's pregnant again. He said he had to ask her if she wanted it because of her age but didn't want to. He said they just gave him a look.The one above looks like Lindsay's profile.
So, in three weeks, I lost a pound. I am not trying to, I just did. Its okay. I am not supposed to gain a whole lot of weight anyway, so I am doing good. I think so far the total weight gain is no more than 5 pounds in 5 months. Baby measured right on target and heart rate was in the 140s.


2 comments:
Don't worry about not doing the amnio. I didn't do any extra testing except for some blood work, and I was 40 when I had Luke. There was no way I was doing amnio. It wouldn't have changed anything for me anyway.
~Susan
Awww, precious little one! And I just love foot pictures. I don't blame you for not doing the amnio...and that stinks that you felt pressured!
Shelley (MNHall)
Post a Comment